Monday, May 9, 2011

Just One Sweet Spring



So far, this has been one sweeeet piedmont spring.
I am haaaapy!
plenty of those days. You know, cool nights... the windows open... I sleep like a baby. And yes mornings, yes the cool mornings. You just feel so alive. And lotsa sunshine and the always present, just slightly chilly breeze.
Aaaaaah!!! This is what I'm talkin' about.
Now, I can't say that I ever set out to create a "contemplative garden" in my back yard but... No, I don't mean a Monet-like Giverney. But... none-the-less it has evolved over the years into a surprisingly tranquil little space.
Yes... it's one of those pleasingly warm afternoons, the slightly cool breeze and in the shadows of the towering trees... I find myself ensconced into my little piece o' spring.
Chairs by the garden. The fountian babeling by my ear... you just can't help but drift off. A little somethin' somethin' to drink (never hurts does it?) and I'm thick into the green.
Yes, yes, I know I do go on about the green, but... in the late afternoon sun.. splashing down through the newly green foilage... it's just amazing!! The most amazing green glow that you can imagine. It's all around me. If you stare at it long enough and with that babeling fountian at my right ear, you... well you just enter this Zen state. I mean it's really quite wonderful. Or... maybe it's all just the booze. you decide.
And... And those smells. Aromatherapy. Yeah right! It all sounds kinda hokey doesn't it? Well... I have this wall-o-honeysuckle and this wall-o-wild rose by one side, and surrounding that babeling fountian are lucious lavender and hundreds of rose blossoms, all punctiated by pungent rosemary and thyme.
The aroma.. it just engulfs your being.
My younger self would have just suffered itchy eyes and nothing but sneezing. Not now. Now... Oh my God!
It's a cloud of aroma.
So... the green glow, the slightly cool soft breeze, the sweet babel of the water and the wonderous cloud of intoxicating fragrance.
I'm lost. I'm lost in a magical moment.
Always elusive, I settle in. I am completely given over to the moment.
No where could be better.
A fleeting moment... I sieze it, knowing full well I may never pass this way again.

KC

2 comments:

  1. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I'm an "opake identifier", but that last comment was wvarney@aol.com if you care to know...

    ReplyDelete